Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Who is Ellery? A Wild Duck

In the before time, man was differentiated primarily by physical prowess. In the middle time, we were differentiated by wealth or poverty. But in the age of information and intellect, individuals are defined by their ability to communicate effectively and by their opinions...

I write with verve and panache. I am also one very opinionated, idiosyncratic SOB.

To my colleagues, I am in need of Valium. To my superiors, I am a wild duck that needs to be controlled and channelled. To my subordinates, I am in need of patience. To my wife, I am a jerk. And to my offspring, a hero, but - at the same time - very, very weird.

When you reach the 1/2 century mark, you are entitled to opinions and habits. But those fortunate enough to leave a positive legacy in their wake have learned to revisit and reassess their opinions. They should never become so entrenched that the owner is inflexible in the light of new ideas and alternate assumptions.

Ellery is my Nom de Plume. I'm not ashamed of my Clark Kent reality, but here, in A Wild Duck, I more freely express opinions.

I have led high-tech startups, run support organizations, designed missiles, and taught fencing (not the fence that surrounds your yard...but rather the sport in which you don head gear and poke oponents in the heart with a foil).

I love Star Trek, Euclid and classical music, but also relish in Doo Wop and Calypso. I kvell over the combination of Stilton cheese with a dry Cab. It is one of my 5 Raison d'ĂȘtre (a fundamental purpose for existance). My taste in woman is utterly unconventional, yet I love my wife and children unconditionally.

I am Ellery Davies. The Blog starts here...
For a quick vitae, see Ellery's interests. —
Or f
or Dogbert's thoughts on the meaning of "Fungible", click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave a comment here. This is a backup for archive purposes. To leave a comment...

o Use link below article title to switch to live Blog
o A comment form appears at the bottom of the page